LAHORE: As the erstwhile premier Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz are on their way back to Pakistan today, all the major arteries of Lahore have been blocked owing to the risk of disruption in law and order situation of the city.
The caretaker government of Punjab has given an alternate traffic plan to facilitate people of of the city today.
Here are your alternate traffic routes to avoid gridlocks on the eve of Nawaz’s arrival:
- Traffic coming from Islamabad will enter Lahore via motorway through Thokar Niaz Beg, Qazilbash Chowk and Shaukat Khanum Chowk.
- Traffic from GT Road will enter the city via Kala Shah Kaku through Thokar.
- Traffic from Kala Khatai Road will enter via Shahdara Chowk, Begum Kot and Faizpur Interchange through motorway.
- Traffic from Multan Road will enter via Bund Road and Mohlanwal Road.
- To exit Lahore, use Maulana Shaukat Ali Road, Johar Town Main Boulevard, Shaukat Khanum, Qazilbash Chowk, Motorway Interchange or Multan Road.
If someone is traveling abroad or have domestic flights to catch, then they should reach at least six hours prior to the departure time at designated areas in the city. They will be transported to airport via a shuttle service which will be provided from Bhatta Chowk, Chungi Dogaij, Gajjumata, Mehfooz Park and Niazi Shaheed Park.
The post Follow these alternate routes in Lahore to save yourself from jams today appeared first on ARYNEWS.